How to Buy a Garage Door
Buying a garage door doesn’t have to be stressful. By answering a few questions and narrowing down your options, you’ll be able to decide on something that works best for your garage and your home’s style. Our experienced team is also here to help you every step of the way. Get started by visiting one of our two showrooms or contact us to request an estimate.
Our Simple Steps
Here is an example of how the process works:
1. The answers to the questions below will determine which doors are best suited for your home.
- Do you need a single or double garage door?
- What size is your door?
- Is your garage insulated or drywalled or just bare bones?
- Are you building a new garage or is this a retrofit/renovation/remodel?
- Is your garage attached or detached from your home?
2. After you know what kind of garage doors you can use; you get to decide on the color and style.
- Design options: Wood or Steel – Raised Panels – Bead Board Carriage Type
- Color options: White – Almond – Sandstone – Brown
- Window options: Plain Windows – Arched Design – Classic Grids
- Decorative hardware: Hinges – Straps – Handles
3. Decide on a budget.
This will be an important decision throughout the process and will determine the best solution for your garage. This process will get you down to two or three options that will make your decision manageable. After finding the perfect door, we’ll be there to help you with the installation and future repairs. At Hamon Overhead Door Company, we pride ourselves on taking care of you throughout the entire process and maintaining our relationship with you for the long run, not just the initial purchase. Whatever door you choose, we’ve got the selection and expertise to make the whole process a breeze.